Looking for a way to gain invaluable experience working with an innovative non-profit organization?
Join us as our Communications Intern!
You’ll be working with the Development & Communications Manager and field staff, playing a key role in creating and managing internal and external print and digital communications and general support when needed.
Projects will include:
• Supporting event planning, collateral development and promotion primarily for the annual event Raising Spirits in September.
• Assisting in the development and dissemination of print and electronic newsletters, blogs, web content, donor acknowledgment letters and other communications.
• Assisting with weekly social media updates (Twitter/Facebook/Vimeo)
• Supporting DM&E efforts by reviewing, vetting, editing and uploading visual documentation from field staff; ensuring all reports have been collected and data entered into DM&E spreadsheet and liaising with international staff where further data is required.
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Professionalism in speaking on the phone and in-person
• Ability to articulate CAI’s mission and speak comfortably about our work
• The ability to self-manage, take initiative and meet deadlines
• Completion of or currently completing a Bachelor’s degree
• Previous communications experience
• Previous event management experience
• Experience gathering and organizing content from the field
• Experience with international development
• Experience with Adobe PhotoShop and InDesign is a plus
• Spanish Proficiency
Start Date and Hours
The start date is flexible, preferable before May 1 2017. This internship requires a minimum commitment of 8-10 hours per week, schedule and length of internship based upon availability. Work generally occurs 9-5 M-F and includes weekly check-ins/updates by phone or Skype. CAI uses Asana to share and track work – a review of Asana is available, if needed. Please note that this is an unpaid position.
Location: Ipswich MA (some hours can be remote)
How To Apply: Please send resume and letter of interest to Julia D'Orazio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writing samples helpful. No phone calls, please.
Apply by: May 1, 2017