As the Events and Communications Intern you'll be working with the Director of Programs and Partnerships and other members of CAI's team to support fundraising events, play a key role in creating and managing internal and external print and digital communications, and general support when needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support event planning and logistics for at least one small fundraising event
- Help create materials to support the event such as invitations, posters, thank you notes, etc.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of beautiful and compelling print and electronic newsletters, blogs, web content, donor acknowledgement letters, brochures and other communications.
- Assist with weekly social media updates (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Professionalism in speaking on the phone and in-person
- Ability to articulate CAI's mission and speak comfortably about our work
- Tenacity, with the ability to self-manage, take initiative, meet deadlines, and problem solve
- Familiarity with major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Completion of or currently completing a Bachelor's degree
- Previous communications experience
- Previous event management experience
- Proficiency with Adobe PhotoShop and InDesign
- Experience with international development a plus
- Familiarity with Asana and/or the ability to quickly learn new applications
- Previous non-profit experience preferred.
How to Apply:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the internship is filled. Ideally, the candidate will start in late March or early April. This internship requires a minimum commitment of 8-10 hours per week for at least 12 weeks.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter articulating your interest, a resume highlighting relevant skills, a writing sample, and contact information for at least two references. Application materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this is an unpaid position, but college credit is available upon request.